<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Over the last few weeks I have been working on a project for an outreach with the Association of Christian Artists and Harrisburg March for Jesus called Jesus Day. It will be held in the Allison Hill section of Harrisburg on Jnne 7. The A.M.O.K./ACA part of the project is the children's area. We are doing a Noah's Ark theme. I designed a large ark picture board with animal pictures in the portholes (Yes I know the real ark didn't have portholes, work with me here.) We will be face painting kids to look like animals they can then put their face through the appropriate porthole and have their picture taken. I am also creating coloring sheets to go with each of the animals that we will do, that are part coloring sheet and part tract. For example if a child wants to be painted as a Butterfly, they will get their face painted, be photographed as the butterfly in the scene and then receive a sheet that speaks of the butterfly as a symbol of new life. The day of the event, I will be doing an 8' x 8' chalk painting with an evangelistic message and a Noah's ark theme as well. Please keep this ministry in prayer. We will also be conducting a face painting clinic this weekend as well in preparation for Jesus day.

In other news, Next Friday I will be going out to Mount Union to paint a mural on one of the outhouses used during the Creation Festival. I know this sounds really weird, but I am excited about it. After years of struggling and selling out most of my principles to try to be a famous artist, the piece of work that will be seen by more people than most of the things I have ever done will be on a toilet. It's poetic justice in a way. God is good.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?