<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 05, 2003

I just got done reading the article linked below. It was sent to me by an online friend and it echoes much of what I have been thinking regarding the topic that seems to be on everyone's lips, the Post Modern movement.

http://www.the-next-wave.org/stories/storyReader$190

We are very early in the POMO thing I think and we are stll trying to understand and define it but we do have to get past the theoretical and into the actual. I could have been a square peg trying to hammer myself int the round hole of my church with all the accompanying complaining or I could do what I finally did, which was create the square hole ministries that God had created me for. The round hole church I came from was neither bad nor evil, they just needed a round peg. Reading some of the post modern literature, I was struck by the fact that both my church and A.M.O.K. have aspects of postmodernism, but when I started both of them, I was not trying to be POMO, I was simply using my God given gifts and trying to be faithul to the vision that God laid on my heart.
I think that if we all were to do that everything would fall into place. I don't understand everything about the post modern generation but I do know this, they are very smart, ad they can smell phoniness a mile away and they desire authenticity. The best way I can reach post modern people is to be authentic and be who God made me.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?