<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 01, 2003

What an awesome weekend this was. Lately the Lord has really been moving in our church. We held our very first Lord's Supper service sunday night and it was awesome. My denomination holds a service called Love Feast. We decided that as an outreach focused church that that name might be misunderstood so we went to the Lord's Supper, which hopefully is a little clearer.

The service consists of three parts, Feet washing (John 13), the Agape Meal, a simple meal shared around the table and the bread and cup communion. I know that this isn't an arts thing, but it's very visual and it follows after a slogan I've adopted recently, what I hear I forget, what I see I remember, what I do, I understand.

We often talk about Jesus as the suffering king, but there is nothing as humbling as the image of kneeling before someone and washing their feet. The second most humbling thing is to sit there while someone washes yours. Now imagine that its Jesus with the towel around His waist. How would you feel?

If you have never done this, you need to, not because it's my tradition, but because this event tied with communion and a meal shared together as the family of God cannot help but change your perspective. If Jesus did it, why shouldn't you? Sometimes I think we could all use a good dose of humility to remind us who we are and who Jesus is and what He really did for us. Just a thought...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?