<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

There's been a little change in direction here at amokarts. For a while I used this to express all m thoughts on ministry art and anything else here. I am changing direction on that. I have created a second blog called radically real named after my first book. (radicallyreal.blogspot.com) I am moving all my thoughts on ministry and other issues there and will reserve this blog specifically for the arts in minisrtry.

Inspiration comes from a lot of places. Lately I get a lot of mine from music. Right now I would be wearing the grooves off my Casting Crowns CD, except its a CD and doesn't have grooves. (If you don't have it, get it). Today though, I was listening to an old favorite, Smalltown Poets, Third Verse, specifically the song fire fly. These guys really are poets, check out this line.

A luminescent speck shining at the perfect time
Tests the temporary night and signals other tiny fires
Time to light up and fly.

Artists and creative people we are given an incredible gift by God. And ability to do what He does, namely, we get to create. Don't take that gift lightly. It is a gift of incredible power. We get to create things that move people's hearts and touch people's lives. Our gifts, given to the Lord, have an incredible power for good, but with great power comes great responsibility. We are called to be the light of the world. What are you doing with your power? How are you lighting the world with the amazing gift you have been given? There is great darkness in the world, but Isaiah wrote the people living in darkness have seen a great light. The light didn't leave the world, when Jesus went to be with the Father. He put in you and me. It's time to be on the move. It's time to light up and fly.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?