<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 27, 2005

Hands on versus demonstration

I was speaking to an online friend about the different types of arts ministry conferences and things that are out there. There seem to be two different kinds, hands on conferences and dsemonstration conferences. These are my thoughts on the subject.

There is room for both. The last seminar I did, I did workshops all day long and then in the evening I would do worship presentations. There are a couple of reasons for this, the first is that some people are very uncomfortable and intimidated by art, they were told at some point long ago that they weren't good at it and so they have given up. They can be more inspired by seeing than doing as doing makes them feel inadequate. What I like about events like that is they may not take the specific idea but they feel released to do what they do in service and worship of the Lord. That is the point I always try to make. I often say You may not be able to paint like I can, but I would have traded my own ability many times for the ability to fix my own car. If you can fix a car you can have a ministry that far surpasses mine. In the end it's all about making disciples and showing people that whatever gift they have can be used for the Lord.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?