<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 06, 2005

Downtime? What's that?

I read an interesting and challenging article on a list I belong to. The article made the supposition that how you spend your downtime will reflect where you are headed with your creative gifts. After the article, the "poster" posed the question What are you doing with your downtime. The following was my response.

Well as a bivocational pastor, a fair amount of my "down time" is "up time" getting ready for church. I have committed myself to spending more time on my gifts, and a little less time on the "idiot box." Another thing though on down time though is this, those of use that have children need to make sure that they get a lot of our downtime. They will far outlast our work. I had to learn this one the hard way. When it comes to down time I think we need to prioritize it the way we should prioritize our lives. Time with God, Time with Family, Time for everything else.

Learn from my mistakes, don't blow the God time or the familky time because although they are two of the easiest things to push aside, missing those will be the ones that will hurt you the most.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?