<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Seminary

A friend asked me about whether or not I had a seminary degree. This was my response.

In answer to your seminary question. No I don't have one of those or any other for that matter. I got through high school, knew I was going to be an artist, but my parents refused to support the idea of me going to art school As a result I went to school for electronics engineering. Lasted a year, flunked out and began my training in the hard knocks art academy. This basically involved me working insane hours to do what I loved, sometimes people paid me and sometimes they didn't. I did all kinds of jobs to support my habit everything from designing grocery circulars to stage backdrops and just about everything in between plus a lot of "real jobs." Eventually art became a major idol in my life and I had to give it up for six month. It was cold turkey. It was after that time that my work became "His." When I got the call to ministry, I began working out of the Bible and studying a lot. Eventually I enrolled in our denominations academy program which is a three year night school for people who are second career ministers. That's how I ended up getting ordained. In fairness while I don't have a formal degree, the people that taught these courses were fantastic and extremely knowledgable.

Some days I feel like I should go to seminary, but most of the time I think that would be more to satisfy man's expectations than God's. Right now just keeping all the irons that I have in the fire keeps me too busy to think about it. In the mean time my goal is to spend time at the feet of Jesus and allow Him to qualify me. He has been ultra faithful so far. My lack of formal training forces me to take God at His Word and over all I think that can be a very good thing.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?