<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Creative Idea God gave me.

I was at the Creative Church Conference last week at Fellowship Church in Grapevine (Dallas) TX. It was a great time and very inspirational. On Sunday, I returned home and preached a message I adapted from a message I heard from Brian Houston of Hillsong. I titled the message Nothing. Basically the message was about people in the Bible who thought they had nothing but God showed them that with Him the little they had in His hands could do mighty things. I think we all get to that pooint where we covet what others have and think we are somehow short on what we need to do God's will (at least I know it's where I get stuck).
Sometimes God strips away what we think we depend on so that He can remind us we depend on Him alone.

I was getting ready to preach on Sunday, and at the last minute, I got inspired to do something called repurposing. At New Creation we have tables that most of the people sit at. I gave each table and row of chairs an item and they had to come up with alternate uses for the item. I used that to tie the message together at the end by reminding them that the only limitations on people who follow God are the ones that He puts on them and that just as if they can find other uses for these common household objects, so if they will place their lives in His hand He can do more with them than they can imagine.

I think the greatest expression of creativity is when we take what we have even if it's small and do our best with it in obedience to His call. Just my two cents, if you try it, let me know how it works.
God bless,
Dave
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?