<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Refocussing slightly
For some time now I have been feeling a call to minister to artists and to help artists to use their gifts in the service of the Lord. I believe there are a lot of artists out there in the church who could be used mightily by God but we either don't know how, our churches don't know what to do with us or a little of both. For a while now I've been feeling like I should serve as sort of a "pastor" to artists of all disciplines (visual art, drama, music, writing and more) serving as a sounding board, an encourager, an equipper, at times a challenger, and a liaison between artists and the church.

I'd like to help people to examine their gifts and their call, help to hold them accountable for they way they are using their gifts and help them to start artists small groups and ministries in the church and in the world. No I don't see this ministry as a replacement for involvement in a local church, because I believe that every Christ follower needs to be plugged in to a body of believers, I merely want to help artists to follow the admonition of 1 Peter 4:10 which says that each one should use whatever gifts he has received to serve others and to walk out the call God has on each of our lives. What qualifies me to do this? Other than the call of God, I am both a pastor and a person who has been involved in the arts and graphic communications for over 20 years, and in that career I have made every possible stupid mistake, got my priorities out of whack and learned a lot the hard way. At one point I had to lay my art down and God gave it back as a tool to be used to His glory.

If you're interested in learning more about this, check out the latest Running A.M.O.K. Podcast called Creative Arts Ministry, The Running A.M.O.K. Podcast Relaunch at http://runningamok.mypodcast.com
God bless,
Dave Weiss
A.M.O.K. Arts Ministry Outreach for the Kingdom
Ministering to artists, ministering through art
http://radicallyreal.truepath.com/amok
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?