<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 21, 2009


Friday April 21, 2009 Another New Creature.
I did this this morning, it's next week's New Creature from NewCreaturez.com
A new online friend wrote me asking about her call. She's had some questions about how to use her gift to serve the Lord. Some folks were questioning her motives. It led her to the point of wondering if using her gift was all about her. Here's what I said:

If you look at my blog you'll see what I'm starting to discover. It's all serving the Lord in a sense. To me my family is my first mission field so anything I do to support them, (so long as it does not involve sin) is serving the Lord, especially if it shows off the talent that the Lord gave me and I give Him glory for it. The things I do to serve others (like the tshirt I did for the billiard team is serving the Lord, because I used my gift to serve someone else. The piece that I did for my friend's ministry was a donation to his ministry of course that serves the Lord, I am using my gift to serve him. By the way more on that gifts talents thing in a minute. Lastly of course the stuff I do to share the Gospel is serving the Lord.

Is it about me? As hard as I try, yes sometimes it is about me, but you know what? The apostle Paul once wrote about a bunch of preachers who were preaching the Gospel for the sole purpose of making things bad for him and his response was basically so what no matter what is on their hearts, the Gospel goes forth. You know, I learned something a long time ago that I want to share with you because I hope it will bring you the liberty it brought me. People have been trying to snuff out Christianity for over to thousand years, evil people have launched attacks on it and did evil things in it's name and not one of them has been able to crush it and it continues to grow. No if very powerful, very evil people have been unable to stop it what makes me think a guy like me who loves Jesus and wants to do the right thing but occasionally messes up will be able to do damage to the Kingdom.
Comments:
:-)

I am going to print this! Thank You!
 
Oh and By the way did I say...I love this "artwork" it's "spot on"
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?