<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 19, 2009


Tuesday August 18, creations and a "rejection."

Today's creations were more cartoons for a client for some employee training materials and publication. Again I can only show a portion because it's unpublished. I am having a great time doing these and they are really stretching me creatively which is always a good thing. I was also in the running for a comic strip but lost it when I mentioned I was a minister. The writer thought I would have some struggles with his content because Jesus would be a recurring character and it seems that he may not be reflected in a positive light. He was right. I can't do things that would portray the One who brought me out of so many things and through so many things in a negative light. He is my Lord and Savior, and for some strange reason, known only to Him some days, my friend. I wished the writer well and shared a little of what Jesus did for me with him. Sometimes I think people who struggle with Jesus don't really have a problem with Jesus so much as with his high and mighty "followers." I do my best not to be one of those.

There would have been a time in my life where I would have questioned should I still do this strip, maybe it would open doors, maybe it would provide income for me to do some good in the world, and a whole bunch of stuff like that. I don't feel that way anymore. There as also a time where I would have felt persecuted for being passed over for this reason, I don't feel that way either. Instead, I look at this as an opportunity to share the love of Jesus with a person who may not see Him as He is and that brings Him glory and I can't do a piece that may put Him down even in humor because that would also not bring Him glory. Trust Him, follow Him and glorify Him and He will make a way.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?