<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 07, 2009


Tuesday, October 7, 2009 Going to Stiltsville
A few months back I received an email from Max Lucado's publishing company looking for people to be a sort of street team for his new book Fearless. I figured I would read the book review it here, pass along a few promo pieces and call it a day. Well things rarely go the way we plan. I received the book and by the time I read the back cover notes, I was pretty sure there was a sermon series in there. They also sent me (I kid you not) 500 copies of this nice promo piece called The Fearless Times. It looks like a newspaper and in addition to the obligatory advertising copy, there were quite a few quality articles on the fears we face in the times in which we live. I was running out of ideas for ways to distribute 500 copies when a thought occurred to me. I liked the book, the paper was really pretty nice, so I thought why not combine this piece with a flyer and use it to promote the series to our community so that it what we did.

I started the series last week with a message called Fear Itself. In working through preparing the message for this week, I was fascinated by this full length poem about Stiltsville that Lucado uses to illustrate the point of the chapter which is on fear of insignificance (something I, and I believe a lot of people, especially artists deal with). As I read and reread this poem I started seeing all these little characters playing out the parts and I decided I am going to attempt to make a video to go along with the message. The above is a frame from that video. I have no idea how I a,m going to get this done, but I have a feeling the rest of the creations for the week will have to do with Stiltsville.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?