<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 17, 2009


Wednesday, November 11 through Tuesday November 16, 2009 Catching up the blog
Well I haven't been blogging as much but I have been creating, and I mean creating A LOT! Wednesday was a day off for me and I used it to play catch up. I am working on two presentations that are both pretty labor intensive right now, but man is it fun!

For my one presentation, I am doing a story of an art collector who receives a very special gift. The story transfers to tell us about the greatest gift of all. It will consist of me painting a rather detailed painting live. Because of the detail I have decided to create other paintings on video to carry the message along as I paint my piece live. Because of the nature of the story I decided that rather than create original paintings. I would speed paint paintings that may have been in the collector's collection. Wednesday, I painted a speed painting of Picasso's Three Musicians and part of Monet's Water Lilies. Thursday I finished up Water Lilies and also finished a Van Gogh's Starry Night (which I started a little while ago) while discussing an outreach project with John Brown. (I've also been editing the videos together as I go.) Friday was a half day because I had a Dr.s appointment so I painted a rendition of Vermeer's Girl With Pearl Earring. Saturday was spent writing my sermon. Sunday I wrote a puppet skit, painted a worship painting in church and began working on Matisse's La Vis Paper Cutting piece. I finished the Matisse on Monday. This morning I arose with a great idea for the stage decoration for my friend Bob's Presentation in October. The Lord gave me all these ideas and I have been having a ball executing them. The classics are of course not as great as the masterpieces shown above, (I kind of doubt any of these great artists accomplished their pieces in an hour :D) but they are really helping me to appreciate how great these works really are. Eventually I plan on dividing the video I am making into each of the individual pieces because each one tells a story. I have one more piece to paint, Salvador Dali's Persistence of Memory, I hope to finish that in the next few days, along with a few other things.

What are you creating?
Comments:
Oh, I would love to know more about the puppet skit you created. always on the lookout for ideas in that area as I painted a puppet show stage for our church a couple of years back and they utilize it for children's evangelism.

Wow, how you fit in all that creating time is amazing. I wish I had more time to feed my creative side, and create more things to bless others, but... priorities, priorities. family comes first. :-)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?