<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 11, 2009




The past few weeks...I haven't been blogging but I have been creating every day!
I've sort of lapsed on the blogging a little bit but here is an update on all the things I have been creating


Hi everyone,
I wanted to share what I've been up to lately. For the last few months I have been creating a Christmas presentation called The Gift. I did the first two presentations this weekend at Mt. Wilson and Hempfield Church of the Brethren this past weekend. It went so well. For the Mt. Wilson presentation, I was joined by the Holy Motion Dance Team from East Fairview COB under the direction of Brisa Saks as well as Sarah Long another very talented dancer and minister. I will be presenting The Gift again (this time solo) at The Foundry Church in Wallingford PA next Sunday at 5:30 p.m. and again on Christmas Eve at New Creation (Reading, PA) at 6:30. If you're in the area for either of those presentations, please stop by.) I am also offering this presentation to other churches, so please feel free to contact me at amokarts@aol.com about it. It's a combination of art, video, a little theater and of course the Word of God. With a few alterations it could be done year round.

For years now we have been hearing about the struggles with finding and providing clean drinking water in Africa. Well I have found a ministry that is doing great things to help. They are called blood:water mission and I have decided I want to do something to help (each one should use whatever gifts he has received to serve others...right?) So I did a new AMOKMAD comic about their ministry called Water for Christmas. Go to http://www.amokarts.com/amokmad.html. As my way of sweetening the pot, if you give $50 or more to blood:water mission, send me the receipt (obscuring any credit card information of course) and I will send you a hand drawn cartoon of your choice.



Also on AMOKArts, I have a new video up just in time for Christmas called CHRIST! that talks about the name Christ and what it shows us about Jesus. The painting in this video is a copy of the one used in the presentation at Mount Wilson. You can see the painting on the front page at http://www.amokarts.com/home.html

While you're on the home page be sure to check out The Art of Akinwolere Muyiwa. Akinwolere is a young artist I met online from Nigeria. He is quite gifted and I thought it might be a great idea to expose his work to the rest of the world. The direct link to the gallery is http://www.amokarts.com/akinwoleregallery.html

Lastly there are three contests on the main page of http://www.amokarts.com, a cartoon caption contest, a create a cartoon for the caption contest and a contest for how to creatively teach a biblical concept contest. All entrants will receive a collection of ten presentation backgrounds I created and the winning entries in each contest will receive a custom background of their choice from me.

I'd appreciate your prayers as I continue to seek the Lord for ways to use my gift of art to spread the Gospel and edify the church. Please keep me posted on your ministry especially if I can be an encouragement to the artists in your congregation. You can contact me at amokarts@aol.com.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?